Are you there J.J. Abrams? It’s me, Captain Jackson. Listen, George Lucas even wrote Mace Windu into Star Wars. Now, I know you and many readers might immediately say, “You’ve got Will Smith in Independence Day and Men in Black, can’t you people ever be happy?” No. Thanks for playing.
Let’s face it, Zoe Saldana did an aiiight job with Uhura in the reboot, but she was not nearly as fly or convincing as Nichelle Nichols. Now, here is my list of people that I think would fit wonderfully in the Star Trek universe. Check it…
1. Leon: Did y’all see this brotha play David Ruffin in The Temptations? He deserved to win every award out there for how he played that role. And Little Richard!?! Please give this man a job doing something in the movie, lawd!
2. Cynthia Bailey from Real Housewives of Atlanta: Yes, she and the aforementioned Leon have a child together. I don’t even know if she can act, but I’m putting her in this list for one reason: She’s an Alien! She’s preternaturally beautiful, doesn’t age, doesn’t look like anyone else in her family, and, truth be told, she kinda looks like the Borg Queen. JJ, you know we have a penchant for green chicks, so put some paint on her and call it a movie. Jill Masterson in Goldfinger, anyone?
3. CCH Pounder: This woman’s eyebrow does more acting than the entire cast of Soulplane and, JJ, hasn’t told us where the plot of the new movie is going, so I say make her a Guinan-like character that allows her to use her quiet, pregnant glances to full effect.
4. Delroy Lindo: Okay, first off, how did I not know he was British? Okay, back on topic. This brotha should play some type of elder statesman. I’d even settle for a cameo as an Admiral or something. He’s a truly gifted actor and I bet he can hang a uniform well. While most people remember him for Malcolm X, I remember him for playing the hell out of the Satchel Page role in Soul of the Game.
5. Pharrell: Now, you all could’ve guessed I’m a N.E.R.D. fan. I’ve been rocking with Pharrell ever since he first threw up the the Vulcan salute in his first video. I think that type of devotion deserves recompense, so let him do the soundtrack or something. Better yet, give him a bit part, let him play himself, a bon vivant playboy musician who all the ladies fawn over.
What’dya think? Did I miss anyone? Chime in, be creative.
Hi Everyone! Welcome to my blog! I hope that you will enjoy my musings about the Star Trek Universe. I hope to infuse the blog with humor about life, dating, and other happenings relevant to all the lovers of the Trek. We are going to have some killer episode and movie reviews! If you hadn’t guessed already, wait for it… I’m black, word to Styles P. I rarely run into black trekkies with whom I can discuss the art of the Trek. Usually, it comes out in a hushed tone after I’ve figured out that I have encountered another potential nerd. Then, it turns into a trivia smorgasbord and discussions of who is the better captain. Let me say, I AM the best captain in my own mind, but I’ll be glad to listen to your thoughts.
Who is Captain Jackson anyway?
Captain Jackson, short for Captain Shante T’Pel Beyoncé Sisko Jackson, is the great grandchild of Uhura and Spock, after he stopped frontin’ on his feelings. It’s Hov.
In all seriousness, I am native North Carolinian who stayed up way too late in her formative years trying to watch the Next Generation re-runs that came on before Rawhide. The Treks helped me dream about life beyond the hood and imagine a world without poverty. In my real life, I fight poverty on a daily basis and attempt to expand the horizons and provide educational opportunities for low-income youth.
What is Black Trekkie?
Blacktrekkie.com is born out of a need to find you, whoever you are, who can relate to my trekki-ness. It’s a place to dream and discuss about the Trek, the state of science fiction, physics, nerdiness, and why Levar Burton should get an Image award every year for Roots, Reading Rainbow, and keeping the Enterprise running despite being forced to wear a banana clip on his face, real talk. I know there are other black trekkies/nerds out there, maybe we can meet up one day.
You don’t have to be black to enjoy this site, heck, we even have a penchant for green b*tches around these parts. All you need is a quick-witted sense of humor and geeky sensibilities.
And, why should I care about black rights in space?
-Because it’s the final frontier, mofo. Because Outkast said so. Neil deGrasse Tyson can’t do it all by himself.
Dif-tor heh smusma (Live Long and Prosper) and please come back soon!